Thursday 8 January 2015

The Darker Side Of ME

This year I'm going to try something a little different, to try push myself in to a deeper place, taking some inspiration from the music I listen to. 


I'm far from a depressed person but I always find the most depressing lyrics inspiring for some reason. I'm pretty twisted like that! I wouldn't say they are all depressive, maybe emotive and powerful to put it a better way. It's always impressed me the way people can write such meaningful lyrics and then share them so openly through their music. Maybe there's also a part of me that wishes I had a good enough voice to sing them out loud too.
So with that said, every image in this series I'll be adding a few select lyrics from a song I think fits.

Here's my first 2 images from a 3 part train line series..


And no, I'm not afraid, at least not to die.
I'm afraid to live and not remember why.


Lapse - Envy On The Coast

I am a nomad - a wanderer; I have nowhere to lay my head down.
There's no point in putting roots too deep when I'm moving on.
I'm not settling for this unsettling town.


In Exile - Thrice


Not sure yet if I will leave this as an Instagram only series, and just share the odd one here and there on the other social mediums. I have plenty of landscape and seascape images left from last year to share on Facebook and Google+, and also a bunch of images from my eurotrip of course, so there's definitely no shortage of images to share.

Matt.



You can also find me in these places:
Google +  google.com/+MattEvans
Facebook facebook.com/meimagesnet
Twitter     twitter.com/meimagesnet
Instagram instagram.com/meimagesnet

Or subscribe to get my blog posts delivered directly to you inbox by entering you email address, top right.

No comments:

Post a Comment