Tuesday 22 April 2014

Hazy & Crazy

I went out for a sunset shoot this afternoon for the first time in a while.
There was a haze around the city all day so I knew something special was likely to happen, and, it did. Although it was almost a case of the one that got away. After arriving at my destination I fired up the camera and what did I see flashing on the screen... 'no card'... whoops, luckily I keep a spare memory card in my bag for such occasions.

I went down to one of my old favourite locations, Milk Beach in Vaucluse. I got there about 45 mins before sunrise and the colour had already started to fill the sky, I took mixture of shots with my fisheye and kit lens, as well as a photosphere with the new google camera app, which you can find on my google plus page.

I've seen lots of photos lately of some really good autumn sunsets, so with the wife away, I decided it would be a good chance to head out and grab a few for myself. And I was not disappointed, one of the best if not THE best sunsets I have seen for some time. Even 30 mins after the sun had gone down the redness in the sky behind the city skyline was still glowing deep and rich. So I took a few last shots to make a panorama with and went on my merry way. Inspired once again to get out and shot the sunset more often.

Here's a series of shots which shows the progression of the sunset over an hour.

5:02pm
















5:17pm
















5:33pm
















5:58pm








Matt
meimages.net

No comments:

Post a Comment