Wednesday 30 October 2013

Sculpting The Right Image

Well its that time again at Bondi, A fresh batch of sculptures are on display and it gets busier than ever.
Whats the best way to beat the crowds... get up at 5am and shoot the sunrise!
I went down last Saturday morning at about 5am, starting in Marks Park, Bondi. When i arrived there was one other photographer down there setting up, and a couple of security guards. By 5:45 though the hill was packed with about 50 or so avid photographers, ready for the 6:15 sunrise.

I'm slowly working my way through my collection of shots & have opened up a new gallery on my website which you can find here 'Sculptures By The Sea 2013'. There is only 6 Photos in there at the moment, but it will slowly build.

Here is a shot of probably my favourite sculpture that i came across that morning. A bunch of tents stretched out across the rocky cliffs between Bondi & Tamarama. As I do with 90% of my images I use a song title as the image title, I chose the song title "I'm content with losing" by Underoath as the image title for this one, because it has the word 'tent' in it obviously, and I think if you did lose everything you'd be pretty content, living in a tent, on the cliffs of Bondi.


Firstly a shot from my phone showing the set up, and then the final processed image.
This reminds me, i really must upgrade my $20 tripod...


HTC One image of the set up.

I'm ConTENT With Losing Everything.
3 Shot HDR -2 0 +2, 18mm @ f14, ISO 100, Sony SLT-A65
Processing: Photomatix Pro 4.2 & Lightroom 4.4

No comments:

Post a Comment